As I was watching just the free videos from Doggy Dan I realized that although I was getting some results( giving a treat) that his way was better for lasting good habits. The information in the videos is extremely useful.
Doggy Dan has recently redone the training program.
I just watched the 4 FREE Videos and they are amazing.
For your FREE videos https://dogproblemsareover.com/6awk
When you watch these videos (with no obligation) I know you will agree with me that Doggy Dan:
- Can help you solve any dog problem
- Without resorting to hollering or drastic steps
- In a short time
- And he is very clear and reassuring.
OH NO–Pee Pee and Poop-How do I prevent house training puppy problems?
This is one of those nasty things that none of us like to deal with but it is a necessary one to solve as early as possible with puppies and sometimes with older dogs as well.
House training a puppy, needs a lot of patience as your puppy doesn’t know what is expected of him just like a child until taught.
It is especially frustrating when the puppy does poop and then tracks it all over and gets it on himself too.
What a clean up job that is.
As with all puppy and dog training you must keep your puppy calm. So don’t holler at him and above all do not put his nose in it. He does not know what that means. Although it is hard to do you must keep calm for your dog to be calm.
As you train him, each time he does the correct thing you must give him a treat as a reward. Make sure he likes the treat and be sure to reward him very promptly so he knows what it is for.
Don’t stop after a few days but continue for awhile.
I would suggest not to have a good carpet or even any carpet in the area in which he will be playing.
One of the most annoying problems with dog training is when your dog pulls the leash when walking and you are nice enough to take him/her for a walk.
We have a dog in the family that goes jumping and running around at the mention of the leash, take a walk or especially go for ride but when she is told to sit and wait she obeys.
That is a more pleasant experience than having the dog go ballistic and not do what she is told.
There is a way to teach her to be calm and obey.
This system will teach your dog to:
- Be calm when walking instead of pulling on the leash,
- Stop dragging you around, instead you will be able to lead him easily,
- Enjoy his time with you instead of chasing a squirrel.
Some Tips to start with:
- You have to show your dog that you are the leader so when you get the leash, do not look at your dog until your dog calms down. There is no rush because what you teach the dog now will last forever.
- If your dog continues carrying on, put the leash away or where he/she can see it. As soon as he looks calmer try again. It will take patience on your part as well as your dog.
- As you continue and your dog does what you want just reward him with a light touch.
- Each step of the way, starting inside and then continuing outside use this same process and gradually you will see a difference.
- Then when walking with your dog, shorten up where you hold the leash so it’s about 12″ to 18″ from your hand when your arm is at your side, of course depending upon your height and your dog’s height.
- As you walk, you must be a little bit in front. Don’t let your dog lead you.
- Try turning, still using the same process.
- Anytime your dog starts acting up just stop for awhile.
- Keep using this system to help when your dog pulls on the leash and I am sure you will be surprised at the results.